Consultation & Design
A TAILORED APPROACH
We strive in high quality, customer care. We have tailored our approach to business to be entirely customer-led and you will have the opportunity to work with the Master Blacksmith, Ken Fanner, from conception of the idea to the final design work. We produce both traditional and contemporary ironwork in the production method.
Designed To Your Specifications
Is A Design Brief Really Necessary?
Not at all, we will fill in much of the design brief on initial visit, from sight. We have to ask several things of you on this occasion too, but this is to ensure we don’t do you a disservice.
We have three clear aims:
- Create and realise inspirational outdoor spaces, made up of exquisite ironwork using the highest quality materials
- To develop a design which will sit in its desired place, either in the garden or in the home, and conform to your design brief that will give you and your loved ones the ironwork you desire.
- Achieve all this with the minimum of stress for you, our client
The design brief gives us an excellent insight into what you would like in the design and the functionally of the ironwork. You can help us to help you by being clear on things like what style of ironwork you like or dislike, which colours you’d rather avoid and what material you’re after. This might not all be clear, but every little insight comes in handy.
Initial contact either by email or phone, we will briefly discuss your needs in design and what the project or commission is.
- Also discussed might be location, materials, colour, function etc.
- A creation of a mood board to help in attaining your ideal style or mood.
- Research into style of garden or house
- Costs or budget for the desired commission
- Concept plans follow for your approval
- Final drawings, costings, schedule, contract etc.
Manufacture of ironwork, including
- Correct selection of appropriate materials
- Cutting and prep work
- Manufacture of framework
- Finishing and cleaning ironwork before spraying
- Hot dip galvanising
- Shot blast and Zinc
- 2 pack Spray
- Powder coating
- Self-colour – wax or varnish
- Site fitting and/or delivery
- Aftercare, special plans set up to service the ironwork or motors based usually on a 2-3-year plan.
GET IN TOUCH
Contact us for an initial consultation, and we can advise you on the best way forward in the work of your desired ironwork.